So You Think You Can Dance Top 12

Finally, the time has come to get rid of the dead weight. I'm very happy with those going through to the top 10 for So You Think You Can Dance Season 4. I think the people who deserved to go are now off. It's a shame especially for Comfort though. I don't think she was the best dancer but the way they pimped her at the beginning of the show was stupid. And now they rip her? I did think she didn't gel with Thayne though. It's hard for a new partnership but when they did the hip hop routine, I thought Comfort was concentrating so much on doing "her thing" that she didn't have the chemistry with Thayne. I also didn't believe the connection in the contemporary piece either.

And Jessica is pretty much toast next week. The writing is on the wall for her. She gets abused every night. But I do think she did have a great "Adam and Eve" performance with Will. That alone was enough to save her after a disastrous quick step.

But the hightlights of top 12 was the salsa from Chelsie and Mark. It was the first time that I thought Chelsie was a sexy mature woman. Usually I get the impression that it's just dance steps for her and she doesn't have that earthiness to her. But she owned tonight. I think they are a great couple and compliment each other really well... with Chelsie and her technical strength and Mark with his acting ability. The other Broadway number was good again because of the combination of performance, technical ability and entertainment factor.

As for my favorite couple... Gev and Courtney, I thought they were great on their chacha... But what's up with the whiteness of Gev? And Courtney got overtanned. It was actually distracting. The explorer jazz routine was fun but nothing spectacular.

Okay, onto Twitch and Kherington. God bless Kherington for krumping, lol. She tried SO HARD that you could see the hamster in her wheel turning. Props for effort. The Argentinian tango was disastrous though.

And then we have Joshua and Katee... I am not a ballroom expert but I enjoyed the Viennese waltz despite the judges criticisms. It had performance quality and Joshua and Katee just have this magic to them. I don't know anything about bollywood either but could they luck out on any more on a crowd pleaser? I'm glad that Katee finally got the spotlight of compliments she deserved though.

So with Comfort and Thayne gone, we have the So You Think You Can Dance Season 4 top 10. As I mentioned before, Jessica is pretty much next on the hit list unless she pulls off something SPECTACULAR. There's no more free ride after this. It's going to be interesting to see who goes in the upcoming weeks.

No comments: