Twitchington love!

Okay, so I know I'm a week late with the So You Think You Can Dance top 20. To be perfectly honest, the top 20 performance left me really flat last week. I really wasn't vibing with anyone and I thought it was a very week way to start off the So You Think You Can Dance voting round.

Last week, the pairing of Rayven Armijo and Jamie Bayard got toasted. Pretty much it was a non event for me. Canon fodder.

But after watching the So You Think You Can Dance top 18, I'm more hopeful. There has been a lot of love for Twitch and Kherington Payne and at first I wasn't a fan, but now I am after their performance of Jean-Marc Genereaux's choreography of the Waltz dedicated to his daughter. It was beautiful and the voting might be helped by Mia Michael's harsh criticism of Kherington smiling too much. It was meant to be uplifting, Mia! Lighten up!

And another stand out performance for the night was Joshua Allen and Katee Shean. I am not a big fan of Broadway dances because I find them to be very cheesy and out of context when not framed within any context. But I have to say that I loved the entertainment factor! Bravo and they captured all the gestures and exaggerations perfectly!

So those were my favorite performances of the evening for the So You Think You Can Dance top 18. Other honorable mentions go to Courtney Galiano and Gev Manoukian. First off, Courtney Galiano is just beautiful! Second, Gev is so sweet on her that they make such a cute couple. Their dance was so simple but universal about love. It was very believable for me.

I also really liked Chelsie Hightower's and Mark Kanemura's Argentinian tango. Mark was hot! But if I have a little criticism with Chelsie was that she wasn't as hot as Mark. She was great in her technique but she wasn't as intense as Mark in his passion. Maybe it's her age that she can't pull that lust off or the fact in her interview that she was always saying that Mark's like her brother... but it could have been hotter.

And on a similar vein, I thought Susie Garcia and Marquis Cunningham lacked something in the hotness factor too. Very disappointing as the salsa is Susie's expertise. Maybe it was the pressure that she should be in her element, but their were elements in which she was off tonight. Sometimes it was hot, then it turned cold. It was like she was concentrating too much and wasn't grinding it out. Maybe it was due to Marquis not partnering her right. I think this couple is in real danger. More so in Susie's case because I don't know how she can win a dance off.

My suspicion of the other couple in danger would be Chelsea Traille and Thayne Jasperson. It was just boring, I didn't like the music and it wasn't banging or interesting enough to lead off. It was pretty forgettable.

And the rest of the dancers... William Wingfield and Jessica King, Matt Dorame and Kourtni Lind and Comfort Fedoke and Chris Jarosz acquitted themselves well tonight. Very solid performances if not a home run. Hopefully, they will be safe.

My prediction of who will go home? Susie Garcia and it will be a toss up amongst the guys depending on their solo.

I will await for tomorrow's results!

No comments: